There are thousands and thousands of restaurants spread out all across the country, from chain restaurants with franchise stores to single mom and pop businesses. While the food they serve might be vastly different, most of them have one thing in common, a signature dessert. For many people, it is that special dessert that you can only get there that keeps them coming back time after time.
This is especially true for the popular restaurant called Chili’s, they are a barbecue restaurant with franchise locations all over the country. They serve a wide range of entrees, appetizers, beverages (including alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and desserts. Chili’s is mostly known for their signature Baby Back Ribs and their decadent Molten Lava Cake.
Once you have had both you will be hooked on Chili’s for life and most likely be a frequent visitor. The secret to their mouthwatering baby back ribs is the preparation and the delicious tasting sauce. Once done with your entree, you have to try an order of the best dessert in town, the simply marvelous all chocolate, Molten Lava Cake.
This dessert is much more than just a piece of chocolate cake on plate with ice cream. It is a little bit of heaven on plate that is topped with a large scoop of ice cream and drizzled with caramel.
While Chili’s may not be interested in sharing their secret recipe for their signature Molten Lava Cake, but that cannot stop people from coming up with their own knock off. As you can imagine with so many people falling in love with this amazing dessert, it is no wonder why you can find all kinds of recipes. Below is a great example of an easy to follow recipe that anyone can bake at home.
Cheap imitation of Chili’s Molten Lava Cake Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp flour
- caramel topping
- vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate Magic Shell ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave for 2 minutes and whisk until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Crack three eggs and along with 1 egg yolk stir until mixed.
- Stir in vanilla and flour until mixed.
- Using cooking spray, coat the inside of four large cups of a one-cup size cupcake pan.
- Fill evenly with the cake batter
- Place in oven on a cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes, it is done when the outer edges are set and the center is still soft.
- Take out of the oven and set on counter to cool for several minutes.
- Invert onto a plate and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and cover with Chocolate Magic Shell topping.
Leave a Reply